With the growth of electric & hybrid vehicle market and changing automotive regulations, CO2 emissions have become a substantial cost driver for automotive manufacturers. But many companies lack the ability to use their CO2 emissions to drive key business decisions.
Due to the transition in reporting from NEDC (New European Driving Cycle) to WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test) values in 2021, CO2 emissions are forecasted to be 23% higher based on WLTP test procedures. This will lead to increased probability of missing the emission targets and incur MILLIONS of dollars in penalty payments.
Our CO2 Emissions Analytics and Optimization Solution
Our CO2 Optimization Tool can help you perform end-to-end scenario planning (short-term and long-term), including CO2 emission of the entire fleet based on predicted sales plan figures to penalty payments. The tool can not only forecast registrations, but also include special flexibilities (super-credits, phase-in, eco-innovations) in estimating the overall profitability.
Adastra Business Consulting has extensive experience of successfully implementing both short-term and long-term CO2 tools for optimizing the global fleet of large German and Czech automotive manufacturers.
We provide best practices for carbon emissions analytics, along with complete deployment of the solution, which includes:
- Smooth transition to the new regulatory procedure
- Consolidation of market demand, model types, production plans, CO2 targets & strategic goals
- Collaboration of sales planners, managers and executives to more accurately predict sales
- Computation of penalties, financial impact and optimal fleet setup
- Scenario planning
- Management reporting and visualizations
- On-premises/ Cloud-based deployment
We can customize the CO2 Optimization Tool to your requirements and implement on any of the most popular OLAP software on the market:
- IBM Cognos Planning Analytics (powered by TM1).
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (ELM)
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC)